[hunchentoot-devel] googlebot revisitation rate excessive?

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Sun Jun 29 23:31:47 UTC 2008

Has anyone else noticed excessive visitation of pages served dynamically
by Hunchentoot? On a couple of small sites virtually every page gets hit
every five minutes by http://www.google.com/bot.html, regular as clockwork.

Normally, I setup robots.txt to allow google to walk these sites but
unless I can think of a way to tell them to back off to once a week or
something I'm about to Disallow them. They're just little private sites
and Google ends up being 99% of the traffic. It's silly.

--Jeff