[hunchentoot-devel] Re: Current development

Lars Rune Nøstdal larsnostdal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 09:23:44 UTC 2008

Edi Weitz wrote:
> As common-lisp.net has been pretty unreliable in the last days, we've
> moved development over to the bknr.net server maintained by Hans.  If
> you're interested in trying out the soon-to-be-released Hunchentoot
> version, get all of Hunchentoot, Chunga, and FLEXI-STREAMS from here:
>
>   http://bknr.net/trac/browser/trunk/thirdparty
>
> If you're using Drakma, you'll have to grab it from bknr.net as well,
> as there are incompatible changes in Chunga.
>
> The previous development history can be seen at
>
>   http://trac.common-lisp.net/tbnl/browser/branches
>
> whenever the server is up.
>
> Edi.

Hi,
I've been playing around with the new branch and the new CONNECTION-MANAGER etc. Being able to control threads or handling of incoming connections is nice.

But something I'm missing from HT is the ability to control the stream or connection after this. SEND-HEADERS did not seem to work as I needed because if I "collect" the stream returned from that function for usage later, and let the request-thread it originated from die it seems the old HT has been closing that stream which of course causes problems when I later wanted to use the "collected" streams.

In the new HT this doesn't seem to happen (I think?), but the stream is of a binary type. I was wondering -- how do I send text to this stream? .. and I'm also wondering whether what I'm seeing is a random glitch by ways of timing or something, and that HT in fact will close the stream for me in this version also?

I'm working on a "comet" server. Hence the somewhat unusual way of dealing with connections/streams.

Thanks,
--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/