[hunchentoot-devel] Hunchentoot behind apache http proxy (performance)

Hans Hübner hans at huebner.org
Fri Jul 25 19:05:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 19:39, Andrei Stebakov <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've heard nice things about nginx (reverse proxy as well), I gave it a try
> but it had different rewrite rules from Apache and doesn't have log rotation
> mechanism.

The most important drawback of nginx is that it does not do any
caching, so it really can';t help with the performance improvement
strategies that I'd be interested in.  In general, I try to set up
things in a manner that only those requests hit my Hunchentoot backend
that really create dynamic content which is different from other
requests.  Everything else is handled by the frontend and served from
its cache.

> Back to Hunchentoot. I couldn't find how "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate"
> request is handled? When the client sends this header, HT doesn't compress
> the content responding with "Content-Encoding: gzip", is there a way to
> enable it to compress some text or CSS content?

No.

-Hans