[hunchentoot-devel] Setting up hunchentoot, WARNING about thread support

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Sat Feb 23 15:35:42 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:25:02AM -0500, Berlin Brown wrote:
> I am getting this message with hunchentoot, (most recent version as of today).
>
> WARNING: Without thread support, this library is only useful for development.
>
> My question, is this the normal mode of operation? Or do I really need
> thread support to do anything useful?  Or were their flags I needed to
> setup on install.  I am using SBCL 0.14 and I did the default install
> with that clisp.  During the hunchentoot asdf-install, maybe there
> were options that I skipped over.
>
> This is ubuntu linux 7.10; (not using apt install for sbcl or hunchentoot)

You must use a SBCL with thread support enabled. I do this by adding a
file called customize-target-features.lisp in my SBCL source directory
that has this in it:

  (lambda (list) (pushnew :sb-thread list))

The SBCL built with that file present will have thread support, and I
use that for a few different Hunchentoot sites with no problems.

Zach