[hunchentoot-devel] Hunchentoot Thread Safety

Mostafa Razavi hom.sepanta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 20:14:48 UTC 2008

Hi. I've been thinking about Hunchentoot's thread safety, lately. I see
that for each request Hunchentoot spawns a new thread (if possible, of
course) and binds the special variable *request* for it. Initially I
thought this could cause problems, but when I did a few tests I found
out everything actually seems to work correctly.

Now, I'm not complaining why things are not going wrong, only I'm
curious how is it that using a dynamic variable, which is one of those
dreaded global variables after all, does not cause problems here.

You might point out I can find it out all by myself by reading the
source code, but unfortunately I couldn't. Maybe I'm missing something.
Can anyone here, please, point me to the answer? Thanks.

Hom