[hunchentoot-devel] Limit on Request Content Size

Volkan YAZICI yazicivo at ttmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:40:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, "Hans Huebner" <hans.huebner at gmail.com> writes:
> I don't think that Hunchentoot can support a body size limitation in a
> meaningful way without major refactoring GET-POST-DATA.  The
> WANT-STREAM argument to GET-POST-DATA, chunking and HTTP/0.9 support
> together make it impossible to enfore the limit in a fashion that
> would handle all use cases within the existing framework of the
> GET-POST-DATA function.
>
> We are not quite happy with that situation, not only because there is
> no limit on the incoming request body, but also because of the RFC2388
> parser that does not understand encodings.  I am not sure whether
> we'll have the time to fix the problem ourselves soon, so if you can
> come up with a patch, we might be able to review and incorporate it
> into the upcoming release.
>
> Please make sure that you read http://weitz.de/patches.html before you
> start.  It might be good to discuss the implementation strategy here
> beforehand.
>
> One approach would be to implement the limitation in a gray stream -
> That way, it may be possible to get away without changing the existing
> structure too much, but I have not investigated the possibility very
> deeply.

Considering your comparison, implementing the limitation in stream
structures could be great. In case of a limitation failure, hunchentoot
can signal a (restartable) condition. But I don't have an idea about how
I could make flexi-streams to force such a limitation while reading
streams. Would you mind giving some hints, reading pointers, etc. that I
can further study?

Regards.