[hunchentoot-devel] only simple-string's are allowed for md5:md5sum-sequence

Geo Carncross geocar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 13:20:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Hans Hübner <hans at huebner.org> wrote:

> The ECL patches unfortunately are against the last release version, so
> we will not be able to include them in the upcoming release which will
> be based on the development version.  Hopefully, someone can supply us
> with a new change set for ECL after the release.

Could someone update either http://www.weitz.de/hunchentoot/ or
http://weitz.de/patches.html to this effect?

A short message explaining where the development branch of Hunchentoot is
(or how to coordinate development) would have been very helpful. Even a
message like "We're not accepting patches for Hunchentoot/this version is
obsolete" would be nice, or at the very least, a "please check with the
mailing list before writing any code targetting Hunchentoot".

I spent a fair amount of time porting ECL to Hunchentoot (and porting
Hunchentoot's dependencies to ECL) only to discover it was wasted efforts in
a similar way. Having some big friendly letters explaining how to get this
"development version" on the Hunchentoot website would have saved my time,
and clearly others.