[hunchentoot-devel] handle-static-file

Frank Schorr franks-muc at web.de
Mon Dec 8 12:03:22 UTC 2008

I have debugging enabled, and there is no misbehaviour in Hunchentoot at all. I just wanted to reprort an observation which could result in (avoidable) security problems under particular circumstances.

May be I will disable debugging when my website will mature to a production environment with more than 20 friendly users a day. Until then it is my learning environment open to the internet where the debugger is helpfull to understand those errors which should be better handled by my code. The IDE debugger has advantages over analysing logs and logged backtraces.

Is it really necessary to disable debugging in the production environment ? The expected information gained from a thread hanging in the IDE debugger can have a higher weight than the fear of the bad guy exploiting the until then not publicly known bug in the application. It would be interesting to have your thoughts on that.

Frank