[hunchentoot-devel] minor modification to HANDLE-STATIC-FILE

Vsevolod vseloved at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:38:10 UTC 2008

Than, maybe add optional parameter to HANDLE-STATIC-FILE?

(defun handle-static-file (path &optional content-type filename)
  "A function which acts like a Hunchentoot handler for the file
denoted by PATH.  Send a content type header corresponding to
CONTENT-TYPE or \(if that is NIL) tries to determine the content
type via the file's suffix. If FILENAME isn't NIL, send
Content-disposition header with filename set to either FILENAME (if
it's a string) or real FILE-NAMESTRING"

<...>

      (setf (header-out "Last-Modified") (rfc-1123-date time)
            (content-length) (file-length file))
      (when filename
         (setf (header-out "Content-disposition") (format nil
"attachement; filename=\"~a\"" (if (stringp filename) filename
(file-namestring path))))

<...>

On 12/5/08, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 02:32:14 +0200, Vsevolod <vseloved at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought, that it would be useful (especially in dynamic REST-style
>> handlers, which create the files on the fly) to handle files with
>> the appropriate header set, i.e.: Content-Disposition: attachment;
>> filename="..."
>
> I don't think it is a good idea to do this unconditionally.

vsevolod