[hunchentoot-devel] different sessions in different tabs

Ignas Mikalajunas ignas.mikalajunas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:18:30 UTC 2008

>> If I start two "sessions" at a hunchentoot page from two different tabs in firefox, the *session* object accessible in the handler is the same for requests from both tabs. I would want to track the sessions separately.
>> In a next step I would introduce user authentication, and hope that only one authentication is necessary to start plural sessions from different tabs.
>> Is there a standard way to achieve these functionalities ?
>> Thank you for your comments.
>> Frank
>>
>> _______
>
> Cookies are usually per-browser, not per window. You could probably do
> your own sessions and pass around an ID as a GET parameter, though
> that would be messy.
>
> Alternatively, you could have a number of different domains; each
> domain would then get a different session.
> Rob

When debugging applications that use session to track logins, I just
add more than one hostname for localhost in my /etc/hosts file like:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost student manager

so I can do things like:

http://student:8080/
http://manager:8080/

in different tabs, with different sessions.

Ignas