[hunchentoot-devel] Publishing stream data?

Robert Uhl eadmund42 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 16:17:31 UTC 2007

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

>> Coincidently playing with hunchentoot yesterday I encountered the
>> same problem with streams. Based in the code of HANDLE-STATIC-FILE a
>> made a path with 2 functions and one macro:
>>
>> make-http-output-stream    witch send the appropriate headers and
>> return a stream. This  function deal with content-type and
>> content-disposition headers.
>>
>> with-http-output-stream       Create an http-output-stream, run the
>> code and call finish-output
>>
>> handle-stream                    Copy the stream to the http-output
>>
>> I hope to contribute to the hunchetoot development.
>
> Thanks for the patch, but I hope you don't mind if I think that this
> is in the realm of things that can and should be done by Hunchentoot
> users and not be provided by the library.

Perhaps there should be a HUNCHENTOOT-CONTRIB which contains such
things, and if they become standard/useful enough then they might be
merged into Hunchentoot proper?

Whoa, there.  Those are some strong words for somebody who doesn't
even own a machine gun.                              --Milkman Dan