[hunchentoot-devel] Hunchentoot and OpenMCL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri May 25 16:41:25 UTC 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007 18:07:33 +0200, "Lennart Staflin" <lstaflin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Flexi-streams passes all its tests on the latest OpenMCL, I don't
> think that is the problem.

Yes, that's what I also observed, but we had different reports
regarding earlier versions.

> Or possibly these functions where never in OpenMCL. I think these
> functions (ccl::make-timer-request etc.) are defined in acl-compat,
> and some how never made it over to port-mcl. They are in a file
> called mcl-timers.lisp in acl-compat. Perhaps, if licensing allows,
> you could include that file.

The file doesn't seem to have a license - which is true for all of
ACL-COMPAT as far as I can tell.

Besides, that doesn't look like the real strategy to me.  I'd rather
not have code in Hunchentoot which adds basic functionality to
OpenMCL.  If there's no better way to overcome this problem, I think
Hunchentoot should require ACL-COMPAT on OpenMCL.

> I have tracked this down. It is not related to flexi-streams, but to
> a defconstant in specials.lisp:
>
>   (defconstant +http-reason-phrase-map+ (make-hash-table)
>
> When the file is complied and loaded that hash table is empty. I
> haven't checked with the OpenMCL developers, but I think this might
> be invoking undefined behavior.

Ah, thanks, I think you're right.  I'll change that.

Thanks,
Edi.