[hunchentoot-devel] Re: [flexi-streams-devel] Flexi-streams test suite failing on OpenMCL

Cyrus Harmon ch-tbnl at bobobeach.com
Wed May 23 14:55:54 UTC 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 3:12 AM, Tiarnan O'Corrain wrote:
> The unfortunate upshot of this (for me, at least), is that hunchentoot
> will no longer
> be deployable on a free Mac lisp, as SBCL/Mac doesn't have
> threading, and
> CMUCL/Mac is missing the multiprocessing package.

sbcl/macos/x86 does have threading and it works quite nicely with
hunchentoot, at least for my development work. Of course you have to
build your own SBCL with threading support enabled, but that's true
for all of the sbcl threads ports. Of course you're correct that
there is no thread support for sbcl/macos/ppc.