[hunchentoot-devel] ACL case sensitive reader incompatibilities

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed May 16 13:49:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 16 May 2007 09:26:53 -0400, "Vyacheslav Akhmechet" <coffeemug at gmail.com> wrote:

> Franz gives guidelines on how to write software that runs both on
> case sensitive and case insensitive implementations here:
> http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/5.0.1/doc/cl/case.htm. Are
> these being used by Hunchentoot?

No.

> I'm not sure if Hunchentoot is meant to support ACL in its default
> reader mode, so I thought I'd report these issues.

Currently it is not.  My take on this is that AllegroCL's "modern
mode" is not ANSI-compliant and thus nothing to lose sleep over.  I
have never used it and probably never will.

I'd be willing to accept clean[*] patches to make Hunchentoot work
with "modern mode", but only if they don't make the code more
complicated or less flexible and general.

Cheers,
Edi.

[*] http://weitz.de/patches.html