[hunchentoot-devel] Managing Deployment of Lisp Web Apps?

Mac Chan emailmac at gmail.com
Wed May 9 04:52:18 UTC 2007

> I'm used to working in the LAMP environment where it's just copying the
> needed files

You can still copy the files over. However, I prefer to use source
control to sync up the files instead of using scp/ftp, etc.

> and I've been doing the same thing in the same fashion -
> except instead of files it's functions being transfered via swank...

Assuming that you are using asdf for your project, you can just type
,load-system in slime REPL to reload your modified files.

I usually have gnu screen running and dedicate one terminal for my
lisp's REPL (not slime).

When I need slime (for debugging), I just type (swank:CREATE-SERVER)
and then I can connect from emacs.

HTH,
-- Mac