[hunchentoot-devel] port to sbcl win32: timouts are not implemented

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Jul 1 16:16:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 02:32:06 +0400, Anton Vodonosov <vodonosov at mail.ru> wrote:

> I've just tried hunchentoot on sbcl win32. When you first time start
> hunchentoot, lisp enters debugger with message "undefined function
> sb-unix:create-timer" or something in that fashion. Looks like
> timeouts are not implemented in sbcl win32 so I've changed
> with-timeout macro in the port-sbcl.lisp to just execute its body
> without timeout. It helps.

Thanks for the info.  I wonder why this hasn't been an issue for the
other SBCL/Win32 users so far, though.

Anyway, I'd rather see a more unobtrusive patch which automagically
starts to work once timeouts are implemented.  Something along the
lines of

  http://www.cl-user.net/asp/web-sites/features

Cheers,
Edi.