[hunchentoot-devel] Question about error handler.

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Feb 26 21:54:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:41:10 +0100, Nicolas Lamirault <lam at tuxfamily.org> wrote:

> i'm writing a mail which explain my problem, with the backtrace of
> hunchentoot, and i find my problem !

Yes, that has happened to me a few times as well.  It's always a good
idea to try to create a bug report or question as detailed as
possible... :)

> But how the error dispatcher could print the error message to the
> template ?
>
> i could make this :
>
>   (package-type-unknown-error (condition)
>     (hunchentoot:log-message :warn "Clappa system : ~A" condition)
>     (setf (hunchentoot:session-value 'error-msg)
>           (clappa-system:package-type condition))
>     (hunchentoot:redirect "/clappa/error"))
>
> and creates a dispatcher "/clappa/error" -> error-dispatcher.

Why don't you just have a handler (instead of a dispatcher) which
handles the "/clappa/error" URI (and looks at the session value to
generate a message)?  You could also, BTW, store the condition itself
in the session.