[hunchentoot-devel] Displaying an image in the text content

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Fri Feb 9 00:36:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 06:13:16PM -0500, Andrei Stebakov wrote:
> Thank you, it works. Only the /path/to/image.jpg should always start with a
> path to your lisp server (like "/hunchentoot/test") otherwise the handler
> won't work. So, does it mean that if you have a number of images that you
> want to display you need to create-static-file-dispatcher-and-handler for
> each of them?

Personally, I have a separate webserver for static content such as
images, css, and the like. For example, the hunchentoot site
http://whatever.xach.com/ might have a corresponding server
http://static.whatever.xach.com/ that has a traditional static-file
webserver. The lisp server can write files into its document space,
and then reference them by sending static.whatever.xach.com urls back
to the client.

Zach