[tbnl-devel] Threads and exceptions

Chaitanya Gupta mail at chaitanyagupta.com
Mon Sep 11 11:36:21 UTC 2006

On 9/11/06, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:30:58 +0530, "Chaitanya Gupta" <mail at chaitanyagupta.com> wrote:
>
> > I am using TBNL on CMUCL 19c. If I create a new thread (using
> > #'mp:make-process), what will happen if an exception is signalled
> > (and not handled) in that thread?
>
> YOU create that thread?  Manually?  Or are you talking about threads
> that are created by TBNL?

I create that thread manually. What I want is that whenever a request
is made to some URL, a string should be returned immediately while
processing goes in Lisp. For this I create a new thread using
mp:make-process in the handler function, and then this function
returns the string.

> > Will tbnl log the error? And If tbnl:*show-lisp-backtraces-p* it t,
> > shown in the browser window. What is the best way to do it?
>
> Hmm, I think the best way is to just try it.  Or to read the
> documentation.  Either I don't unerstand your question correctly or
> you haven't read the relevant parts of the manual.

>From what I have seen, TBNL doesn't log any errors for the new thread
created. I get a new debugger window in SLIME everytime there's any
error in the new thread created. Is there anyway I can make TBNL log
these errors too?

Thanks,
Chaitanya