[hunchentoot-devel] Problems with file uploads and mod_lisp

Graham Fawcett graham.fawcett at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 17:43:01 UTC 2006

On 10/28/06, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just realized that Hunchentoot in its current form has problems with
> file uploads if it's used behind mod_lisp.  I could reproduce this
> with Apache 2 as well as Apache 1 and with LispWorks (but only on
> Linux, not on Windows) as well as with SBCL.

Hi Edi,

Also busy here, but I have seen some odd recent behaviour with
Hunchentoot and mod_lisp behind Apache 2. In keep-alive scenarios, the
second request stalls for 60 seconds; I'm not sure whether the request
is satisfied at that point, or whether the connection is simply
closed. Perhaps this problem shares a common root with the upload
problem?

As a workaround, I've been setting a Connection: close header on all
requests, hoping to get the problem solved later on. It does the
trick, though of course it's not a long-term solution. In case anyone
needs it, here's my workaround:

(defun mod-lisp-close-hack (req)
  (prog1 nil
    (setf (slot-value req 'headers-in)
	  (cons '(:connection . "close")
		(remove :connection (slot-value req 'headers-in)
			:key #'car)))))

(setq *dispatch-table* (cons #'mod-lisp-close-hack
			     *dispatch-table*))

I'll try to debug this and the upload issue if I can.

Graham