[tbnl-devel] Re: Hunchentoot for SBCL and other Lisps

Travis Cross travis at travislists.com
Mon Oct 2 02:44:59 UTC 2006

Edi Weitz wrote:
>> So, please try with your own web apps and your own browser.  Do
>> things like chunked encoding and persistent connections work for
>> you?  Does https work for you?
>
> I forgot to mention that a Hunchentoot server can also still cater to
> mod_lisp, so you can try that as well if you want.  (In fact, this is
> the intended future of Hunchentoot/TBNL and this is how I'm partly
> using Hunchentoot with LispWorks now.)

I would still likely use mod_lisp2 (or mod_proxy) for certain
deployments as well, so this is certainly a useful perk.  It appears
that the destiny of TBNL and Hunchentoot is to merge into one
greater whole.

Behind mod_lisp2, I observe the following things:

The "Binary data, delivered from file" test downloads the picture,
but it takes a long time for the browser to close its connection to
the server.  Refreshing the connection, Firefox flashes a warning
that the picture cannot be displayed because it contains errors, but
then shows the picture anyway, then hangs for awhile.  The "Binary
data, delivered from RAM" test seems to work fine.

The "UTF-8 test file" test seems to work... eventually.  In this
case, it seems to take awhile before the last part of the file is
delivered to the browser.  The "source code of this test" example
shows the same behavior.

File uploads, both text and binary, seem to upload ok.  When trying
to download the uploaded file, however, it takes 15+ seconds before
the browser will offer to save the file.

None of these issue appear when I access tbnl/hunchentoot directly.

Cheers,

-- Travis