[hunchentoot-devel] Expired sessions

Nico de Jager ndj at hivsa.com
Thu Nov 30 17:32:45 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 19:19, Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:14:21 +0200, Nico de Jager <ndj at hivsa.com> wrote:
> > In my case I want to close the session's database connection when
> > the session expires and I was worried that this would only happen as
> > described in my previous post.
>
> Have you seen this?
>
>   http://weitz.de/hunchentoot/#*session-removal-hook*
Yes thanks. That is what I use to close the database connections. But I was
unsure about when expired sessions are actually deleted. During my tests I
didn't send *session-gc-frequency* (50) requests and it seemed to me like an
expired session was only deleted when a user tried to reuse the expired
session or when you called RESET-SESSIONS.

If you don't export *SESSION-GC-FREQUENCY* and/or SESSION-GC, maybe a short
note about this can be added to your already excellent documentation?