[hunchentoot-devel] hunchentoot file upload performance

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Nov 16 00:30:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:10:52 -0800, "Mac Chan" <emailmac at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing that Chunga might be the reason, since this is the only
> new component introduced.

Actually, the more I think about it the more I'm sure that
FLEXI-STREAMS is the culprit.  I also have an idea how to make it
faster, but I'm not sure if I'll find the time to do it in the next
days.

> Again, my guess is that rfc2388 repeatedly call read-char instead of
> grabbing a buffer with read-sequence and decode it as a chunk.

Because of the way the streams are layered now, you probably wouldn't
win much (if anything at all) if you used READ-SEQUENCE instead.

More later,
Edi.