[hunchentoot-devel] Starting a server hangs

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Dec 18 20:32:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:12:45 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> wrote:

> Okay, I'm attaching 2 small files.  If you start sbcl, load
> hunchentoot, then load hunchentoot-start.lisp, the server will start
> and all is well.
>
> If you start sbcl, then load test-hunchentoot.asd, the system will
> hang at the start-server call.

Yes, I can reproduce it now, thanks.  Actually, you don't even need
ASDF - just COMPILE-FILE hunchentoot-start.lisp and LOAD the resulting
FASL file, and SBCL hangs.

This doesn't happen with LispWorks, though.  At the moment, I have no
idea what the problem is.  Maybe an SBCL expert is reading this and
can help.

Cheers,
Edi.