[hunchentoot-devel] global dispatch-table

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Dec 5 23:58:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:51:54 +0100, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

> The rationale is that it's a leftover from the times when
> Hunchentoot was (based on) TBNL and TBNL was a single-server
> library.

Let me add that with hindsight I think this is the right decision.
Yes, with Hunchentoot you /can/ have multiple servers, but I don't
think it makes sense to view Hunchentoot as a content-agnostic
workhorse like Apache.  I prefer to view it as a building block for
creating application servers, and if you have more than one server in
the same image, I think it is very likely that what these servers
serve will be related.  Thus, a global dispatch table makes sense to
me.  If it doesn't make sense to you, there's *META-DISPATCHER*, as I
said.

Cheers,
Edi.