[tbnl-devel] New macro: create-groups-bind-regex-dispatcher

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Sep 5 12:01:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 07:43:53 -0400, Bob Hutchison <hutch at recursive.ca> wrote:

> Hadn't thought of that. In some cases cut'n'paste might be
> appropriate. In my case, I use ASDF routinely for everything I do
> (it is so easy and the payoff is so big). Including one of the
> contrib files in my project ASDF is no big deal. So I don't think
> smaller contributions are an issue. If the contribution is
> multi-file then maybe it should come with an ASDF definition of its
> own? If it has its own dependencies then it should come with its own
> ASDF file.

I personally think the best solution would be that each contrib has
its own .asd file which lists TBNL amongst its dependencies.  That way
it's pretty clear without further explanations how the contrib is to
be loaded.

> While on this theme, what about PACKAGE? It could come with its own
> package or maybe, Edi, you could provide something like a TBNL-
> CONTRIBUTIONS package? Sometimes it is going to have to be in a TBNL
> package I suppose. I don't know.

I'll add a TBNL-CONTRIB package to TBNL which 'uses' CL and TBNL.  So
you can use it or you can provide your own package as you like.

Cheers,
Edi.