[tbnl-devel] a problem while installing..

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Feb 2 20:19:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:44:34 -0500, Jason Wang <randomtalk at gmail.com> wrote:

> mmm.. yes, i'm using slime with emacs, i'm using a program named
> lisp in a box : http://common-lisp.net/project/lispbox/, not sure if
> you've heard it before..

Yes, I have.

> wondering, how do you start TBNL test suite directly from my lisp
> listener?

Depends on your Lisp implementation, as I said... :)

If you're using Lisp in a Box with CLISP you can't deploy TBNL at all.
If you're using it with AllegroCL you start AllegroCL directly (from
Windows' Start->Programs) and load and start TBNL from there.

If you're new to Common Lisp the problem you might encounter when
doing this is how to install the libraries (and where) and how to load
them.  For this you can read my ASDF/ASDF-INSTALL tutorial at

  <http://weitz.de/asdf-install/>

and look at Bill Clementson's blog entry here:

  <http://home.comcast.net/~bc19191/blog/041113.html>

If that doesn't help don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Cheers,
Edi.