[tbnl-devel] ajax / tbnl

Tolstoy tolstoy at zentrope.com
Fri Dec 16 19:44:53 UTC 2005

Folks--

I'm working on an ajax kind of thing and when my html page loads, I
attempt to init the page's data structures by firing off many
XmlHttpRequests.

When I fire off two of them, things work fine.  (One populates the main
data I want to display on the page, another populates a form with some
drop down list.)

When I add a third asynchronous request, things break.  Alas, I'm not
exactly sure how to explain it.

The way I'm seeing it at the moment is that the Oracle OCI shared lib
throws an exception ORA-21500 which takes down SBCL, I think, or at
least slime.

So, just to rule things out: there's no possible way this can be some
problem with tbnl (0.8.9 on SBCL), right?  Each of those asynchronous
requests should be coming in on a separate thread and things should work
accordingly.  Right? ;)

Surely it can't be the clsql oracle interface which can't handle
simultaneous requests?  Do I need to block on clsql requests?

Anyway, curious to know if any of you have encountered this sort of
problem before.

Keith