[tbnl-devel] New version 0.5.0 / Multiple back-ends

Stefan Scholl stesch at no-spoon.de
Wed Aug 17 07:39:33 UTC 2005

On 2005-08-16 22:24:56, Stefan Scholl wrote:
> I was just wondering ... isn't now every proxy feature in every
> webserver some kind of mod_lisp?
>
> What are the pros and cons of mod_lisp vs. proxy (+ TBNL
> stand-alone)?

Forget it. mod_lisp is much, much faster. 3 to 4 times faster in
a local test with ApacheBench against Apache 1.3 + mod_lisp +
TBNL, lighttpd + mod_proxy + TBNL, and TBNL stand-alone.

Apache 1.3 + mod_lisp + TBNL was always faster.

The mod_lisp request data can be parsed without any regular
expressions. Maybe that's enough to cause that difference in
speed.

I think I'll try to remove all calls to CL-PPCRE:SPLIT and test
it again (later).