[tbnl-devel] tbnl freeze

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Aug 9 07:06:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:01:33 -0400, Steve Huffman <steve.huffman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on reddit.com, which uses TBNL as its web framework. For
> the most part, all is well, but I've been running into an error
> lately that is causing me to worry. Basically, the symptom of the
> problem is that our website appears to pause, and all requests just
> hang (eventually they'll timeout on the browser side).
>
> I work against our server using remote SLIME. The SLIME session does
> not hang, but in order to bring the website back to life I log into
> our web server, use attachtty to view the running lisp process, and
> hit ctrl + c a few times, after which a debugger will pop open in
> Emacs that I can abort.
>
> I'm running CMUCL 19a on a FreeBSD box. I use apache and mod_lisp in
> front of TBNL.
>
> I haven't been able to find out what causes this lockup, nor do I
> understand why I must open the process on the web server (when I'm
> already cruising in SLIME) to wake it up.
>
> Has anyone seen any issues like this before? Or perhaps know if this
> is even a TBNL issue?
>
> I've pasted the output I see from the lisp process (via attachtty)
> and in my emacs session (after I send an interrupt).

Hi!

Unfortunately, I currently have no idea what the problem is.  Just a
vague idea: Could you try if the problem is still there without SLIME
being in the picture?  I remember I've seen a completely unrelated
threading problem with a LispWorks app which went away after we
stopped having SWANK loaded.

Cheers,
Edi.

PS: From you headers it looks like you're using the newest mod_lisp
    version so that should be fine.