[tbnl-devel] mod_lisp2-2.c (Was: Help needed in handler function with (sleep seconds))

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Sep 5 07:02:20 UTC 2004

Chris Hansen asked me to forward the following message to this
list. Note that he's not subscribed so you have to Cc him if you
reply.

Cheers,
Edi.

From: Chris Hanson <cph at zurich.csail.mit.edu>
Subject: [tbnl-devel] Help needed in handler function with (sleep seconds)
To: maxi at paoloastori.com
CC: tbnl-devel at common-lisp.net, marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 00:44:58 -0400

   Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:07:50 +0200
   From: Massimiliano Campagnoli <maxi at paoloastori.com>

   where mod_lisp2-2.c (which is based on a different implementation) works
   has expected if the handler contains (sleep n).

   But since mod_lisp2-2.c occasionally crashes Apache and has no support
   for the latest Edi's improvements
   (since is based on mod_lisp 2.33) I would say that the option to move
   back to apache 1.3 with the latest mod_lisp.c 2.38  is still a good
   move, until someone (Marco Antoniotti & Co.) with enough experience has
   time to port and test mod_lisp.c 2.38 to Apache2.

I'm interested to know if there is a reliable way to crash apache
using "mod_lisp2-2.c".  If so, I'll fix it.  I am also willing to
update the implementation with the 2.38 improvements, provided that
it doesn't take more than a day or so.

The main problem is that I haven't been using the module.  (I'm still
using Apache 1.x.)  I wrote the module for a colleague, so that he
could use my server-side software, and I haven't heard about any
problems from him.

Are there any other known problems with this code?