[tbnl-devel] Apache 2 support

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Nov 9 21:30:34 UTC 2004

Hi!

Several TBNL users have reported success with Chris Hanson's
mod_lisp2[1] which seems to be a full reimplementation of Marc's
mod_lisp for Apache 2, so I decided to try it out myself because a
customer of mine wants to use Apache 2.

I turned out that it was completely painless to use mod_lisp2 with
Apache 2.0.52 on Linux as well as on Windows - the module worked out
of the box and some tests seem to show that it doesn't suffer from the
"leaked children" and "leaked sockets" problems we had with some
versions of mod_lisp.

I've added some lines of code to send headers that TBNL likes to have
but other than that it's all Chris Hanson's code at

  <http://weitz.de/files/mod_lisp2.c>

which I think I can recommend for TBNL. I hope some other people will
try and test it as well. Marc - feel free to add this to your
subversion repository if you want.

I've also uploaded a pre-compiled module for the Win32 version of
Apache 2 which worked for me with Apache 2.0.52, TBNL 0.3.1 (released
some minutes ago), and either AllegroCL 6.2 trial or LispWorks 4.3.7
pro. It's here:

  <http://weitz.de/files/mod_lisp2.so>

Cheers,
Edi.