[tbnl-devel] New version 0.2.10

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Aug 29 06:38:20 UTC 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:59:38 +0200, Stefan Scholl <stesch at no-spoon.de> wrote:

> Well, all your stuff starts with "0.". So I'd say this is more a
> Version 2.10 :-)

Hehe. That's a tough one. I think it's OK to start with "0." if you
have a brand-new, untested package. So I usually start with 0.1.0 and
increment that last number for minor changes and bug fixes and the
middle number for not-so-minor changes. Now, somebody has to decide
when the first version will start with "1." instead of "0." - hmmm...

We're certainly not there for TBNL yet. It's been out for a couple of
months only (although I've used similar stuff much longer) and it has
only half a dozen active users.

Maybe I might call CL-PPCRE "1.0.0" now but then again I should bump
the version number at a moment when there are no other changes in the
code. Sounds like a no-op to me. I'm glad I'm not in the marketing
department... :)

Cheers,
Edi.