Unwanted completion function

Andrew Brace andrew.c.brace at gmail.com
Thu May 18 00:07:14 UTC 2023

I would like to use the default value for the customization setting
Slime Completion At Point Functions, (slime-filename-completion
slime-simple-completion-at-point). But something has added
slime-c-p-c-completion-at-point to the list of functions from outside
Customize. I have not altered slime-completion-at-point-functions in
my .emacs or anywhere else.

If I use Customize to erase the customization, then I get the desired
value for the current session. But there is no option to save the
setting and my .emacs is unaltered; in my next Emacs session,
slime-c-p-c-completion-at-point is back in the setting.

How can I prevent slime-c-p-c-completion-at-point from being added?