Slime usage with .lisp buffer?

Nicholas Papadonis nick.papadonis.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 01:11:30 UTC 2023

I'm transitioning from 'mit-scheme -edit' (edwin) to Slime.  I've installed
Slime via MELPA and have the *slime-repl sbcl* up.  I also opened a file
C-x C-f 't.lisp' and the buffer shows only 'Lisp adoc'.

Is this correct?

I saw videos where the .lisp buffer showed 'sbcl'.  Also, it appears I can
evaluate the t.lisp buffer using C-x C-e with results, however am not sure
if this is SBCL, Slime or some other method of evaluation.

Does anyone know how Slime should behave with respect to a *.lisp buffer
and evaluation?

Thanks