ABCL uses to recompile LCONS* form

Mark Evenson evenson.not.org at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 16:36:12 UTC 2020

> On Nov 1, 2020, at 17:21, Stas Boukarev <stassats at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 6:22 PM Mark Evenson <evenson.not.org at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Note to all:  the abcl.lisp implementation inadvertenly contains a reference to
>> LCONS*.

[…]

>> Back in 2017 or so, @aruttenburg had a patch to some of move the some of the
>> utlities to load before the implementation-specific, but @stastats objected on
>> the grounds that we want the initial load to be as fast and error free as
>> possible.
> I don't remember saying that or follow the logic here.

My apologies for incorrectly paraphrasing your position.

Let me try to restate:  the ABCL implementation would like to use some of the
machinery from swank.lisp, such as the [lazy list macroization][1].   The
changes we requested were admittedly jumbled up in whole bunch of other issues,
which we eventually resolved by judicious trimming [2][3].  How could we ensure
that SWANK:LCONS* is present when we load the abcl implementation specific code?

[1]: <https://github.com/slime/slime/blob/master/swank.lisp#L3065>
[2]: https://github.com/slime/slime/pull/502/commits/1c4681da458470987393ed5a2a4ab555a7d4d30c
[3]: https://github.com/slime/slime/pull/502/commits/1911dcfbe1dbf3445bb41c0483967095cf3c2046

--
"No, this is not a disentanglement, but a progressive /knotting-into/."