Using MIT Scheme with Slime?

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:08:44 UTC 2020

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 04:32, Nicholas Papadonis
<nick.papadonis.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also see the following error when *inferior-lisp* buffer starts with MIT Scheme:
> ;Unbound variable: create-package-from-description
>
> Which is called in swank-mit-scheme.scm elisp code for (mit-scheme-init).
>
> Under the mode line keep saying Polling /tmp/slime, which I assume is due a non working connection.

Unfortatunely, we don't have many Scheme users and the maintainers are
Common Lisp users. If loading swank.scm failed, the swank server
hasn't been set up and Emacs can't connect, as you guessed. You will
need to debug swank.scm and fix that create-package-from-description
unbound variable issue.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira