don't recognize component type REQUIRE-SYSTEM.

lvalais lvalais at lrde.epita.fr
Tue May 16 12:01:13 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm trying to run slime for the first time with sbcl.  Previously,
I was using clisp. I'm using for now the pre-compiled version of sbcl.
When I try to start slime, I get the errors shown below.

Can someone help?

Kind Regards
Leo

$ sbcl
sbcl
This is SBCL 1.1.6.0-3c5581a, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
* (load "~/.emacs.d/lisp/slime/swank-loader.lisp")
(load "~/.emacs.d/lisp/slime/swank-loader.lisp")

* (swank-loader:init)
(swank-loader:init)
ASDF could not load sb-bsd-sockets because
Error while trying to load definition for system sb-bsd-sockets from
pathname
/usr/local/lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-bsd-sockets.asd:
    don't recognize component type REQUIRE-SYSTEM.
;;
;; Error compiling ~/.emacs.d/lisp/slime/swank/sbcl.lisp:
;;   Error while trying to load definition for system sb-bsd-sockets
from
;;   pathname /usr/local/lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-bsd-sockets.asd:
;;      don't recognize component type REQUIRE-SYSTEM
;;

debugger invoked on a LOAD-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR:
   Error while trying to load definition for system sb-bsd-sockets from
pathname
   /usr/local/lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-bsd-sockets.asd:
      don't recognize component type REQUIRE-SYSTEM

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:EXIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
   0: [RETRY                                 ] Retry EVAL of current
toplevel form.
   1: [CONTINUE                              ] Ignore error and continue
   2: [ABORT                                 ] Abort loading file
"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-bsd-sockets.asd".
   3: [REINITIALIZE-SOURCE-REGISTRY-AND-RETRY] Retry finding system
                                               sb-bsd-sockets after
                                               reinitializing the
                                               source-registry.
   4:                                          Exit debugger, returning
to top
                                               level.

((FLET #:LAMBDA2229 :IN ASDF::LOAD-SYSDEF)
#<ASDF::FORMATTED-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR {12B12229}>)
0]