finding an implementation of SWANK interface

73budden . budden73 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 13:29:18 UTC 2017

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for a feedback.
> ... Sadly, it had to be reverted because ran into SBCL's compiler lock.
> Perhaps you can come up with a solution?

No. I'm trying to do some SBCL hacking, but I'm (yet) not experienced
enough to fix such things. The patch I suggested is extremely simple,
it works in SBCL and there is a good chance it would work on other CL
implementations too. It is not elegant, but for me it is still better
than grep. And I see no extreme difference between my patch showing
implementation as "defvar" and Helmut's one, which I guess shows
implementation as "defmethod". Anyway there's no explicit statement
that actually they are "definterface" and "defimplementation". I admit
my solution is essentially uglier, but it works while Helmut's does
not.

Slightly better thing would be to show the exceprt from docstring
together with "defvar" and "defun", so that it would be clear that
"defvar" stands for "defimplementation".

But I'm not sure I have the resources to implement that :)