SLIME + Named readtables

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 22:31:33 UTC 2017

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:33 PM, 73budden . <budden73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Here is a more detailed description of my suggested solution

I was looking for an executive summary rather than more detail. :-)

In any case, your proposal generally makes sense to me. I have a
question though: what should happen in the REPL? Following the spirit
of your solution, it seems like we should have a new change-readtable
operation. How should we represent the current readtable visually?
Also, it seems like it might be useful to have some concept of default
readtable for a given package: perhaps there's still a use for
*readtable-alist* after all?

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/