Removing SLIME's ChangeLog files

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 00:31:19 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> With changelog in Emacs, with a few keystrokes (C-x 4 a) I easily create an
> entry for the function being changed, and explain what is being done and
> why.
>
> What is the equivalent way in Git?

You can keep using C-x 4 a, and if you commit using vc-next-action,
the ChangeLog entry will be copied over to the commit message. (I
think this is recent behavior; you might need a reasonably recent
Emacs. 24.5.1 WFM.)

Alternatively, if you use Magit, when commiting, you can use
magit-commit-add-log (bound to C) to add ChangeLog-style entries
directly into the commit message from the diff buffer that Magit
displays next to the commit message buffer.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/