SLIME and in-package

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Sat Feb 6 16:44:14 UTC 2016

On 02/06/2016 10:36 AM, Peter Keller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I deeply apologize for the multiple emails.
>
> Apparently, you can author a filter in Thunderbird which will
> take your partially written message and cause it to be sent (!!!)
> instead of stored in drafts....
>
> -----
>
> Anyways, he comes from slimv on vim where you can apparently eval the
> paragraph of code I had written previously and the repl would go into the
> package. He was curious of he could do it in SLIME too.

It dawns upon me that Thunderbird had shown me potentially an illusory
view of what emails it claimed it received.

So, in case no multiple emails were sent, he has a file that looks like:

(ql:quickload #:foo)
(in-package #:foo)

(asdf:load-system #:bar)
(in-package #:bar)

and so on.

The systems might or might not be related and he switches between them while
he works. So it was a convenience of his to put his slimv cursor on the
paragraph, eval the paragraph, then the repl would be in the right package
automatically.

Thank you

-pete