using (in-readtable) to select a readtable

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Wed Jul 22 14:03:03 UTC 2015

> I think we should try and deprecate *readtable-alist* but keep it

i'd like to speak up against deprecation.

my reason: in-readtable gives a high resolution for reader control,
but i think such a high resolution is often not needed. e.g. i'm
perfectly happy with our current setup where the package also defines
the readtable, and thus one doesn't need to copy-paste an in-readtable
form into every file.

such a setup would be impossible without *readtable-alist* or an
equivalent infrastructure.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39