[Slime-devel] M-. vs readtable on SBCL

Gábor Melis mega at retes.hu
Tue Jan 27 21:12:02 UTC 2015

Helmut Eller <eller.helmut at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 27 2015, Gábor Melis wrote:
>
>> Maintainers, everyone, I'm not sure about the two KLUDGEs related to
>> accessing stuff from the SWANK package. What's the best way to deal with
>> them?
>
> Either pass the context in as argument or create a new back-end function
> that the front-end must call first to configure the back-end.  Both look
> rather clumsy in this case.  As expected: reader macros attract kludges
> like shit attracts flies.

Thanks. I removed one of the kludges by using
SWANK/BACKEND:*DEBUG-SWANK-BACKEND*. The cure for the other was worse
than the disease, so that remains. Xach, this has the side effect of
fixing the interning problem.

https://github.com/slime/slime/pull/224

I consider this final, unless there is an unexpected problem with it.