[Slime-devel] M-. vs readtable on SBCL

Helmut Eller eller.helmut at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 08:03:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 26 2015, Gábor Melis wrote:

> OK. C is ugly and fragile, B is just fragile, A requires changes in both
> NAMED-READTABLES and SLIME/SWANK. Perhaps, you have better ideas?

D: don't create reader macros that need A, B, or C.  That's what I do.

E: invent some magic comment or re-use Emacs's syntax for file variables
   e.g. ;; -*- readtable: ... -*-
   and recognize it in swank/source-path-parser.lisp.
   Or search directly for lines matching
    "^(named-readtables:in-readtable .*)"

F: get rid of swank/source-path-parser.lisp entirely and tell the SBCL
   maintainers that they should represent source locations as a
   file:line:column triple instead of source paths.

Helmut