question from Chris (slime dynamic variable...)

Helmut Eller eller.helmut at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 21:07:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21 2015, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> [Relaying for Chris Schafmeister, who is in London at the moment.]
>
> Is there a slime dynamic variable that prints a M-C-x evaluated form
> to the *inferior-lisp* buffer before the result is printed?
>
> Please copy Chris and me as well. Thanks.

No.  There is the *log-events* variable to control debug output, but
it's is rather low level and not specific to a particular command.

If you want M-C-x to do something special, then I suggest to rebind it
to your own command that does exactly what you want.  Convincing other
people that some new dynamic variable is needed usually requires more
time/work.

Helmut