[Slime-devel] SLY, a fork of SLY

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 15:25:18 UTC 2014

>> I'd like to be able to load both of them at the same time without
>> conflicts.
>
> OK, that is an argument.

i have a counter argument for too much renaming: the closer the two
codebases are to each other, the easier to pull over patches, or
ultimately to merge the two projects.

people should rarely want to load two versions of the same
project/functionality into the same image, and IMO the benefits of
being able to cherry-pick patches both direction is bigger than the
loss of the ability to load both projects into the same image/emacs.

please note that i don't argue against renaming the .asd file (small
change), but i do argue against renamings that touche on every second
line of the code.

but it won't be my headache, just throwing around my two cents.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39