[Slime-devel] SLY, a fork of SLY

joaotavora at gmail.com joaotavora at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:20:39 UTC 2014

Helmut Eller <eller.helmut at gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 05 2014, João Távora wrote:
>
>> I believe I have done everything right fork-wise,
>
> The most important thing for a proper fork is to use a different name.
> Please use something different than Slime and Swank.

The project is called SLY. Sorry the subject is completely botched it
should read "SLY, a fork of SLIME."

There is a file swank.lisp in the SLY project and it starts up a server
that SLY connects to (SLIME can also connect to it, to a smaller
degree). There is also a swank and package many many symbols are named
exactly like in SLIME. I hope you don't expect me to rename all these.

>> maintaining the
>> licensing notice, crediting the original authors prominently in the
>> README and in any commits cherry-picked from this project.
>
> sly-mrepl.el looks like a fork of slime-mrepl.el; but the original had a
> license.

Indeed, it is a fork. I removed the license but will put it back in
place, thanks for noting.