[Slime-devel] Integrating slime with a new lisp implementation

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:40:24 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Charlie Andrews
<charlieandrews.cwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on the recently released lisp implementation clasp (https://github.com/drmeister/clasp), and I would like to get it working in slime. I am wondering if there is a general purpose document for adding support for slime to a new implementation out there some where? If not, where is a good place to begin?

I'm not aware of such a document, but this recent commit adds support
for the MKCL implementation (a fork of ECL):
<https://github.com/slime/slime/commit/102942bb6f9e60e07961a1844a762dcf7b336a77>.
It shows, albeit with some whitespace noise, what places need to be
aware that a new implementation exists.

Other than that, it should a matter of adding the various
defimplementation definitions for each of SWANK's interfaces which are
declared and documented in swank/backend.lisp. Looking at the other
Lisp implementation backends (e.g. swank/sbcl.lisp should also be
enlightening).

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira