SLIME 2.4 in the latest Quicklisp update

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 14:06:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> For me, after update, SLIME seems to start fine, but after typing
> anything in the REPL I get:
>
>   This `cl-labels' requires `lexical-binding' to be non-nil [6 times]
>
> I'm using Emacs 24.2.1. Is that message to be expected and do I have to
> update my config to eliminate it?

That is a known issue for Emacs 24.1 and 24.2. (Things work fine with
Emacs 24.3.) FWIW, there is a work-around described here:
https://github.com/slime/slime/issues/122#issuecomment-36518247

> What is the best way to discuss, troubleshoot, and fix these kinds of
> issues? Can they be discussed here on slime-devel?

The issue tracker at GitHub is a good place for reporting concrete bugs.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/